Community Working Group
- Facilitate broad adoption of Green Software standards and best practices through the creation of partnerships, content, events and programs.
- Ensure diverse participation of stakeholders in the development and implementation of Green Software.
How we work
- We hold online monthly meetings every second Wednesday of the month @ 1600 (BST) / 1100 (EST).
- We are structured into a more extensive set of smaller groups focussed on different projects. Each of these projects has its own meetings and method of working.
- The monthly meeting is a time for the entire Community Working Group members to discuss plans and successes, invite participation, and share blockers.
- Green Software for Practitioners Training (previously Principles)
- Green Software Patterns
- Green Software Speakers
- Green Software Writers
- Events & Experiences
Proposing a new project
To propose a project, we ask that you create a short project document and gather the interest of at least three people from 2 different member organizations.
Reach out to the chairs, who will add you to the next working group meeting agenda.
If the working group reaches consensus and agrees, your project will be made official and start receiving the support of the Foundation.
However, often it requires several conversations with the working group to evolve your project proposal to a version where everyone is comfortable.
Once launched, the working group will support you in executing your project and source the resources required from the Foundation and its members.
- Press Release FAQ
- Main Website
- Main GitHub Repository
- Slack (Private for GSF Members Only)
- Google Drive Folder(Private for GSF Members Only)
- Our Handbook(Private for GSF Members Only)